Growing a business yields many benefits. It can attract talent, provide economies of scale, reward investors and attract some.
But not all types of growth pay off. Some can actually destroy value, as when an acquisition or merger fails or when management spends more than it should on a given initiative, an initiative that results in total failure. Other growth trajectories are unsustainable.
We can help you uncover good growth opportunities in a reliable and systematic way.
We will work with you to:
- Examine your business portfolio to identify strategic growth initiatives
- Target opportunities that are close to what your business is good at
- Assess how well you meet your customer’s needs
- Investigate ways to make more money from things you’ve already paid for
- Surface ideas that exist within your own organization
- Analyze prior failures (e.g. Failed bids, lost customers, product launches that never landed, etc.) for lessons to inform future initiatives.
- Identify good ideas you can adopt from your competitors.
- Extract ideas for incremental growth from going through the customer experience
- Model a longer-term vision for your business
- Examine the opportunities that disruptive technology [Industry 4.0] could bring about.
- Reduced risk of failed growth initiatives
- More stable profit margins as growth initiatives are pursued
- A larger pipeline of vetted growth opportunities